Why dime rebuys are LOL - I win the first hand calling a shove with J4 v. 84 and doubled thru.
I keep doubling with QJs, A6o, and QQ, all in the first orbit, and get up to 23K just like that. So once you've got that kind of stack, you really don't want to punt it against other big stacks - you'd rather just keep pecking away at the double rebuys 2K at a time. But no, that's not how a dime rebuy works, obviously... :-)
I basically lose it all getting it in good in multiway pots with AT, AK, and JJ, the last in a nine way allin.. Meanwhile I keep folding good stuff (for rebuys) like A6s and A9o against multiple shoves like a dummy and watch the nizzles get made without me.
So I actually did start rebuying in Level 3 after going busto and played the way I'm supposed to play a rebuy.
Of course, after the break I actually ended up winning big four way allins with JJ and KK and made it back to 30K to be 3/18 once the rebuy period ended. But when BrainMC has 130K - well, who cares about my stack.
I only was in for 70 cents, though, so it wasn't that bad. But this sure was a tourney that could have used the AlCan'tHang free mobneys from FTP - which dried up as soon as he got voted off and the Sunday tournaments started changing formats.. :-(
Later I got coolered with the second nut flush vs the nuts and should have resisted raising Muhctim's donkbet for pot on the river and saved 5K in chips. It's hard to stop going for thin value when you have 400BB behind.
Nothing good really happened to me after that. Numb decided to keep flatting me and screwing around with a big stack in spots where even if I'm good I'm ridiculously vulnerable. I spiraled down pretty quickly to 10K at 150/300, I restole KJ into JJ BvB for 25 BB like a momo, basically played like shit and bounced 14/18.
Which is a stupid, lame way to be done with the Survivor series - but for under a dollar buyin and less than $20 for first, I did not want to fuck around all night at this. I still played pretty bad regardless. Plus I owe at least $10 in a Brain vs. the field bet I made at the second break to jamyhawk and gpjacobs. I run horrid at prop bets.
Oh, yeah, so Boat won the last longer for 40% and VJ wins voting for the other 60% of the prize pool, almost $200. That seems about right...
I did remember to play PokerSlut and finished 2/7 in the razz tourney. I had a ton of chips and then got pwned HU by Gadzooks. I played way too loose and she kept catching every hand when I decided to look her up. So I got steamrolled as bad as you can get in HU Razz.
After all of that, I got my ass handed to me for a while in SnGs- bubbled 2-3 in a row- but then finally broke through with a 1st/3rd/3rd in a quick PLO8 set for +$150. So maybe I am finally breaking the seal on a shitty March and will enjoy April a lot more.
15 hours ago