Subscribe

Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License

Thursday, July 17, 2008

gone and back, and gary owes me 30 sklansky bucks

well, been away for a bit..... took the vacation down to Mississippi and back.... more on that later.... rejoined things with the Mookie tonite - and while I final tabled, I was the Bubble Boy, 7th of 52. I don't think I even got one bounty.

Started slow, never got a thing going until the middle of hour two, not even sure how I managed to actually start chipping up, but started opening things up with two tables left and made some hands... had a decent but not average stack at the final table, finally GCox25 openraises half his short stack from UTG+1 seven handed (4375 at 500/1000/125) - I reship AKs from the button, he calls with AJo, but rivers a running fourflush. I have one blind left and go out the next hand.

I'm not sure why he's betting half his stack instead of just shoving with AJo, because it just narrows a reshipper's range to something AJo fairs poorly against, getting 3-1 or not. Thoughts? I mean, I'd ship that holding with less than 10BB way before bet/calling, but whatever - not like it changes anything in that spot..

Anyhow, I joked that I thought about folding AKs (riiiiiiiiiiiight) because of how bad I've been running lately when I shove..... Which brings us to the playing part of the Mississippi experience, the Beau Rivage... the players there owe Jenn and I mad Sklansky bucks, because we kept getting the chips in good and not holding.

9s9x vs. As2x on a 6s7s8s flop
QQ vs. JJ on a 789r flop
AJ vs. KQ on a KQTr flop
AA vs. QQ vs. 77 all in preflop on bubble, naturally the board binks a 7

 I ended up playing a lot of 4/8 LHE just to not have to worry about all the stupid variance - plus the $6/down time charge and way deep stacked 1/2NL games just weren't any real fun -  I actually rather enjoyed live limit's more relaxed pace, as much as it can make your head asplode and would have played 10/20 if it was spread when I was around. Tournaments were fine, although structures were too slow early and too fast in the middle, so a lot of play was gone by hour two or so.. A fun room, but I'd rather play in AC, all things considered - even if the players are more interesting in the South..

Anyhow, going to try to enjoy a few weeks with Jenn and without the kiddies, get some decent play in, try to run good a few times.. Later

Heff


2 comments:

dasewh said...

Always fun to play with you, Heff.

I regretted letting you in cheaply a couple of times ... thanks for the wakeup call to play faster preflop. ;)

sheela said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://texasholdpoker.info